Help With Post-Divorce Modifications

The only guarantee in life is that it is subject to change. Texas law recognizes this and allows for certain post-divorce modifications after a divorce decree has been finalized. It is always important to seek help from a lawyer if you are wishing to modify the terms of your divorce agreement. Stopping child support payments or ignoring a custody and visitation schedule without receiving court approval can have serious consequences.

I understand that everyone's situation is different and sometimes a post-divorce modification may be in order. Things change over time, and your arrangements may need to change. We can handle any kind of situation. To learn more, schedule a free initial consultation by calling my law office in McKinney at 972-529-5707.

A Substantial Change In Circumstances

The court will grant modifications to a child custody and/or child support agreement if one party has experienced a substantial change in circumstances. This may include the loss of a job, a significant change in income or the situation at the other parent's home has become toxic for the child, like when a parent is an active addict or engaged in criminal behavior that is a risk to the child.

When you come to me, I will thoroughly review your situation and let you know what options are available, as well as your probable chances of success. I represent both people who are seeking a modification (ones who want it) and those who wish to challenge a modification request.

  Over 23 Years  of Practice

Contact A Lawyer With Experience In Texas Divorce Proceedings

Even if I did not handle your initial divorce, I can still help you with all matters related to modifications. Call 972-529-5707 for a free initial consultation. You may also contact me online, and I will respond to your message promptly.